Now that you have your wedding diet planned out (see our last blog post for diet tips), it’s time to create a wedding workout that will help you get in shape! Staying strong and exercising regularly will help you focus and stay on top of all that wedding planning ahead of you, plus you’ll feel healthy and fit when the big day finally rolls around. To help you with your wedding workout, we’ve put together a list of 8 fun and easy ways to get in shape.
1. Zumba: A fusion class of dance and aerobics with upbeat music and easy to follow steps. Don’t worry if you think you can’t dance- Zumba is all about moving your body in new ways and having fun! Find a class at your local fitness center.
2. Jump Roping: Who knew that this playground pastime was such good exercise? Jumping rope provides a great cardio workout and burns calories quicker than you would if running. Consider doing a quick 15-20 jump rope workout a few times a week to get your blood pumping and muscles working in new ways.
3. Lunchtime Walk: Use part of your lunch break to take a brisk walk with co-workers or friends. Keep a pair of sneakers at your desk or in your car so you’re always ready to hit the streets or trails. If you like to track your fitness, buy a pedometer and try to get in 10,000 steps each day.
4. Leave the Car at Home: Consider trying a new way of commuting to work. Biking or walking to the office will get you a twice-a-day workout. If it’s not possible to commute these ways, try walking to the bus or train station instead of driving.
5. Chores Workout: Are chores piling up around the house? Just because you’re busy doesn’t mean you can’t get in shape during your home maintenance. Try running up the stairs instead of walking or doing squats while folding laundry. Outside chores like gardening and lawn mowing are also easy ways to get your daily dose of exercise.
6. Yoga: Unwind and workout at the same time by dropping in for a yoga class at your local studio. Classes are offered for every level from beginner to advanced, and the poses will tone your body and increase strength.
7. TV Fitness: If you’re someone who spends a lot of time on the couch flipping through channels, use that time to get in a workout. Throw an exercise mat on the floor and do push-ups, jumping jacks, and crunches as you watch your favorite shows.
8. Dog Walking: It’s a task that needs to get done, so you may as well get in a workout when you do it! Start off the morning by taking your dog for a lively walk or light jog if they can keep up with you. To make it more social, gather up your neighbors and their dogs for a group walk.
Use these wedding workout ideas to get in your daily exercise in a new and fun way. And remember that “in shape” is a term that means something different to every bride, so always do what you’re comfortable with and consult a doctor about any medical issues you may have. Happy exercising!